Sunday, October 5, 2008

Curing a dog ear yeast infection

There is nothing better than the love you get from your children and your pets. The one good thing about our dogs Bernie and Laura is they have no attitudes like our children get.

Bernie and Laura are two beautiful Rottweiler's that are the life of our family. They have been with us through thick and thin. This is why when they started to itch their ears and shake their heads I became very concerned. Then they started whining. It just about killed me. I had no idea what was going on with them but I definitely did not want them to suffer at all.

After closely examining their ears, I saw that they had a discharge coming out of them that had a foul smell too it. I had no clue what was wrong with them but they are just like my children as soon as something is wrong off to the doc we go. Once at the veterinarians office I was sure that it was something terrible but come to find out it was something that as humans we deal with too.

They had a yeast infection in their ears. I was also amazed to find out that it could come from the food that they were consuming. I was guilty of feeding them table scraps as treats. Here I was compromising their immune system which in turn can cause a yeast infection. The vet also explained that since their ears are floppy they hold in moisture so once a week I need to clean their ears.

He said to clean them with vinegar because it dries rapidly but to dilute it with water. He said to even fold their ears over for an afternoon so the air gets to them. He also gave me samples of an antimicrobial ointment to use once a day. This can also be found in any health food store.

Now my dogs are healthy and happy. The vet's tip on keeping their ears clean and dry has made all the difference in the world and I got them some healthy treats instead of table scraps. The antimicrobial ointment seem to speed up the healing process so please visit your local health food store for you, your family and your families pets.

It is very important to keep your whole family healthy and that includes any pets that you have. They are a huge part of your life.

If you want to learn more natural tips on how to cure dogs ears yeast infection, go to Dog Ear Yeast Infection Blog.

No comments: